Megan Thee Stallion “expected to make a full recovery” from gunshot wounds

She was reportedly in a car with Tory Lanez when he was arrested on a gun charge on July 12.

Megan Thee Stallion has released an Instagram statement to “set the record straight” about an incident in Hollywood Hills on Sunday night (July 12), which led to Tory Lanez’s arrest on a concealed weapons charge and to Megan suffering gunshot wounds.

In an Instagram post, Megan explained that she wanted to correct an “inaccurate” narrative; tabloid headlines had claimed she injured her foot from broken glass in the car with Lanez. Instead, the rapper revealed she had “suffered gunshot wounds, as a result of a crime that was committed against me and done with the intention to physically harm me.”

She also added that she was never arrested and was driven to the hospital where she “underwent surgery to remove the bullets.” “I’m incredibly grateful to be alive and I’m expected to make a full recovery,” she continued, “but it was important for me to clarify the details of this traumatic night.” Megan said that she’s expected to make a full recovery and am “currently focused on that, so I can return back to my life and back to making music as soon as possible.”

Advertisement

Megan did not reveal the identity of her shooter. Read her full statement below.

According to earlier reports by TMZ, Megan and Lanez had been at a house party when a violent altercation occurred. Witnesses told police that they had heard arguments inside an SUV near the home before gunshots were fired and the vehicle left the scene.

Advertisement

Officials later tracked down the car and reportedly found the two rappers and an unnamed woman inside. They also discovered a gun in the vehicle during their investigation. Lanez was arrested on the scene and subsequently released on bail. He is scheduled to appear in court later this October.

Neither Lanez nor his reps have released an official statement. This story is currently unfolding.

Advertisement

Don't miss