Kanye West’s Ye finally arrived last Friday. The seven-track, self-produced album has now racked up over 100 million streams, but more importantly, it’s made meme history.
All thanks to the yenerator.
Inspired by the minimalist album cover of mountains and neon green scribbles—it was shot by Yeezy himself on his iPhone—the yenerator lets you create your own version of the Ye art. It prompts you to ‘write whatever you feel like.’ And, of course, the internet ran with it.
Because y’know what they say, when life gives you lemons (or in this case, the yenerator), make memes. Here are ten of our favorite remakes:
1. According to user @felixrackers, pineapple on pizzas are just unacceptable. We couldn’t agree more.
idk kanye west’s album cover just rlly speaks to me i’m getting a bit emotional just looking at it pic.twitter.com/HimdoGViBP
— Felix (@felixrackers) June 1, 2018
2. Only Seinfeld fans will know.
— Seinfeld Current Day (@Seinfeld2000) June 1, 2018
3. Here’s a GDPR-inspired one. Because one more wouldn’t hurt.
Think Kanye’s going overboard with the GDPR compliance tbh pic.twitter.com/FyOFlmYJfi
— Billy White (@mrbillywhite) June 1, 2018
4. JR thought he knew, but he didn’t. We’re all LeBron James.
Kanye’s album cover is spot on. pic.twitter.com/ioLGYd26MR
— Cycle (@bycycle) June 1, 2018
5. @kwestwhat points out that the album art looks like it could be a print on a Forever 21 shirt. Shh, don’t give them any ideas.
Why Kanye cover look like a forever 21 shirt pic.twitter.com/WT0Lt9Dbyx
— J-kwe$t (@kwestwhat) June 1, 2018
6. There’s always a time and space to flex your SoundCloud account. This is one of them.
Check out our 2017 album “Private Function” on Soundcloud @ https://t.co/S68pEF1ams
Lol couldn’t help myself. #ye #yenerator #kanyewest #kanye #soundcloud #newmusic #albumcover #mixtape #westcoast #trap #follow #listen #newalbum #artist #idie #followback #trapmusic pic.twitter.com/coIsxc9Yuy
— Ignorant People (Crezzo) (@IgnorantPeoplez) June 2, 2018
7. Goddammit, IT’S YANNY.
— CA to SA (@Cliftonantho13) June 3, 2018
8. For real though, where is it?
— tri (@__trishhh) June 3, 2018
9. Still one of the greatest Grammy snubs in history.
— ??? ?????????? (@SDLedge) June 2, 2018
10. Not on Germany’s watch.
— A. (@cheyanko) June 3, 2018
For now, it’s Internet 1 – Kanye 0. Make yours here.